At first glance this is just the space behind the fridge. A few weeks ago this was a delightful sight. It meant that the fridge was in its new location and the waterline has been hooked up to the fridge so there is now water and ice available from the fridge.
However... this particular view at this moment is not such a delightful sight.
It is only a minor setback... a bump in our road to renovations.
The kitten, in a frisky mood, discovered the coil of hose behind the fridge and it's tendency to wobble when touched. Irresistible to a kitten... a wobbling hose. She pounced. We are not certain if she bit at the hose when it wobbled back at her or if it caught on her claw, but we do know that a tiny hole created a large wet mess. Had I not been standing on the other side of the fridge at the time and heard an 'odd sound', I wonder how long this tiny prick of spray would have gone unnoticed. It could have been so very much worse.
I called out... HELP... how do I turn the water off to the fridge. Faster thinking than I had, Jim just turned the water off to everything in the house... then we mopped up the mess and realized there must be a valve under the sink.
All is well that ends well. Patrick repaired the hose. The water has been restored. The fridge is now pushed back closer to the wall with items blocking a kittens entry. We will be more aware of this hazard when we need the fridge moved for drywalling and painting and for flooring.

No comments:
Post a Comment