I remember taking ballet lessons in the basement of an old gray church off of Richmond Rd. I remember a performance at a hotel or something down near willows beach and I was a bird. I thought the wings on my costume were wonderful.
I remember taking Highland dancing lessons from Lynn Griffith. And of course subsequently many competitions in various locations. I remember piano lessons from a portly gentleman who came to our house. In college I took piano lessons again. With so much studying to do and not much time for practicing I didn't stick with it... plus there was that recital that I was required to do at the end of the semester with all her other students who could play better than I could and most were under the age of 10!
Oddly enough I remember one swimming lesson in the deep end of the rec center pool where we had to jump in with our clothes on and then remove our pants and make them into a floatation device. We had to tread water for a long time... I don't remember any other lessons... and I'm not an accomplished swimmer.
I took sewing lessons for a short while from Sue Nelson.
I played Violin for a year in elementary school and Clarinet for all my years at Oak Bay High.
I suppose there were lessons in crocheting and tatting from Great Grandmother Gathright.
See the other answers to this question by clicking here!
No comments:
Post a Comment