Click here to receive email updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Forties File Friday - Poll #1

The suggestion for a poll for a Forties File Friday sounded like a nice simple change... let's see how the response to it goes! Feel free to elaborate on any answer you please or just answer!

  • Skim, 1%, 2%, whole, rice, soy or other? And does anyone shake the milk jug before pouring a glass?
  • Do you like those hard candy sprinkles on top of your ice cream, cakes etc..?
  • Soap or bodywash?
  • Toothpaste or gel?
  • Goulash anyone?
  • Macaroni and Cheese... to top with Catsup or not?
  • Ice or no ice in your beverages?
  • Pop a zit... or leave it alone?
OK..
The poll results are arriving quickly... so I think it's a hit!

My answers are as follows:

*milk - I prefer skim normally.. currently I am enjoying 1%.. think it's a pregnancy thing though... Can't seem to do 2 or whole anymore... Not opposed to Soy or Rice though. I've never understood the shaking that Channa does when she is at my house.... It's not like the milk has separated and needs to be mixed. Besides it just makes it frothy... So I'm not a shaker, unless it's a milkshake.. and then count me in!

*Never cared for the hard candy sprinkles... my kids however LOVE them... go figure!

*hmmm.... depends on the mood I'm in... I'll do either... like them both with a loofah type scrunchy... it's more about unscented than variety!

*Gel all the way! Toothpaste made me nauseous with one of my pregnancies and I haven't looked back!

*I apologize to Mum, whom I'm sure was trying to make a simple meal that everyone would like... but I am not a fan of Goulash. And when Patrick made a hamburger helper meal once just after we were married... I accused him of making goulash and he didn't cook again for a long time!

*I do top homemade macaroni and cheese with Catsup... sometimes... but find that salt and pepper are often enough. My kidlets are all Catsup toppers!... Patrick still finds the idea very odd! (we've converted a few neighbours to catsup on mac n' cheese over the years!)

*I will do an ice cube or two in a beverage on a hot summer day if I think the ice will melt quickly and not spoil the taste, however if the drink is already cold from the fridge then no ice is necessary. Beverages from restaurants are requested 'sans ice'... and if the option to 'no ice' isn't available.. a straw is definitely necessary.

*Without a lot of experience in this department.... I do think we were fortunate not to have overly zit pocked skins growing up... I definitely believe in LEAVING THEM ALONE!! And NEVER requesting someone else to pop one for you that's in a difficult to reach area.... (I won't name names!)

Click here for Forties File Answers from others!

1 comment:

  1. I want to play - great questions!

    *milk - skim and I do shake
    *hate candy sprinkles
    *bodywash
    *either (gel when pregnant!)
    *never had goulash - not even sure what it is!
    *3 out of 6 in our house do catsup with their mac n cheese (learned it from our Canadian neighbor, Robin)
    *ICE - but needs to be crushed - I will drive out of my way to get some good crushed ice (hires is one of my favorites)
    *pop - its an addiction!

    ReplyDelete